Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: Lies that Bind (Liar Society #2)


The Liar Society, The Lies That Bind, is an exciting mystery that centers around two secret societies that rule a private high school. Kate has been trying to take down the Brotherhood and Sisterhood ever since their involvement led to the death of her best friend, Grace. She is trying to get revenge for what happened to Grace and make sure it never happens to anyone else. So when a member of the Sisterhood goes missing and horrible text messages with her picture are sent around school, she has no choice but to get involved to bring the kidnappers to justice. 

Pemberly Brown Academy is ruled by the societies that have been at war for years and are trying to bring each other down. Kate gets involved in some serious situations while trying to figure out who took one of the most popular girls in school. I loved how this book combines mystery with a very interesting plot about warring societies. You are enthralled from the first page until the very end. I loved how the clues lead you one way only to lead to a dead end. You were constantly guessing what happened and who was to blame only to have your mind changed 12 pages later. What I also enjoyed was the fact that you were able to read the second book in this series without having read the first. I haven’t had a chance to read the first book yet, but I was able to follow along and not be lost as to what the characters were talking about. There was enough back story to fill in the reader without over doing it on the recap of the previous story. I can’t wait to go back and read the first Liar Society book and I definitely am impatiently awaiting the release of the chapter of Kate’s story. 

Overall, I loved this story It’s been a while since I’ve read a mystery novel and this book helped me to remember why I was obsessed with them when I was younger. I think this is a great book for students in intermediate school and up and, if given a chance, I think that adults would really enjoy it as well. 

-The Lies That Bind (Liars Society #2) by Lisa and Laura Roecker
Published November 6, 2012 by Sourcebooks Fire

Contact the Authors: Author Website, Book Website, Blogger, Twitter,and  Facebook

Buy it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment