Sunday, April 8, 2012

Review: Scarlet




I kind of have mixed feelings about this book. I had heard such great things about it but I just wasn’t “sucked in” from the beginning. In fact, I wasn’t able to get into it until the second half of the book. Don’t get me wrong, the last half of the book was awesome! There was action, and it kept me racing to finish the book! (I finished it in less than 6 hours)  Scarlet has a past that she is trying to hide from and is trying to help her fellow townsfolk stay alive. She is a thief and runs around with the famous Robin Hood. She is very independent and guarded when it comes to her feelings and she doesn’t let herself become attached to anyone.
I felt like the first half of this book just dragged by. I was annoyed at times with Scarlet because she would push people away and refused to let anyone treat her like a girl. She was “Will Scarlet” and if any of her friends tried to treat her as if she was a girl she would freak out. Although, I did love how brave she was when faced with life and death decisions. She is very smart and is able to notice things around her that normal people wouldn’t usually notice. She is a great thief and it is because of that and her independent nature that make people fall in love with her.
I think that overall this was a good book and I loved the interesting twist on the Robin Hood story, I just wish the beginning had been more interesting to me. 

Published February 14, 2012 
Buy it on: INDIEBOUND, B&N, AMAZON
Discuss it on: FACEBOOK  GOODREADS

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with this book. I didn't have any trouble with the beginning of the book. I thought it was quite understandable that she didn't want to be reffered to as a girl. They were pretty pushy sometimes.

    New follower ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were pushy!! I just think that there was so much hype that I was let down just a bit. That's not to say I didn't like it though!! I absolutely loved the last half and it had me racing towards the end! I personally hate the beginnings of books because a lot of times it takes me a while to get into books!

      Thanks for the follow!!! :)

      Delete
  2. tnx 4 the review
    i despirte ly want it
    rad review

    scarlet ooh wee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Let me know when you get a chance to read it and what you think!!!

      Delete